Our Comment Policy
We want you to feel at home when you post a comment on any RateHotelBeds.com post. We don’t know what your home is like, but we know how we expect people to behave when they visit ours. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here relevant and civil.
Our No. 1 house rule is simple: Don’t be a muppet.
Want to be the kind of commenter we’d love to invite over for a Sunday barby? Here’s what we like to see in comments:
* Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the article.
* Give me useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it.
* Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humour we know you possess.
* Don’t feed the trolls. You wouldn’t dive into a debate with our uneducated, drunk Uncle Arthur just for the hell of it. Downvote and flag comments instead.
* Don’t copy and paste. If you didn’t write it, or haven’t properly cited the article you are sharing you’re quoting then don’t post it.
* We current only support English only discussions on RateHotelBeds.com’s posts. If it is not in English then it will be removed.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to prevent:
* Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. So you’ve got a bed that will simultaneously bring worldwide peace. Great. Send it through to me, you Deepak Chopra, you.
* Impersonating authors or other commenters. We can’t believe we have to say this, but: Don’t do that. That’s just nuts.
* Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. Enraged that we didn’t mention latex mattresses in a story about bed types? Slow down, Usain Bolt. If you’d made it past paragraph two, you’d see a very well thought-out discussion of those latex mattresses you hold so dear.
* Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
* Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated. Before you casually mention your enemy’s home address, take a chill pill, think about the collective bed community, then kiss and make up. Okay… the kiss is optional.
* Racism, sexism, homophobia, you get the drift… call me the PC Police, fine, but don’t say we didn’t warn you when we open a can of whoopass. **And by ‘can of whoopass’, we mean banned or deleted.
* Trolling. If you’re a ‘backpain is punishment from a previous life’ believer just out for a good trolling and are not contributing meaningfully to the conversation, we’ll be sending you back under the bridge.
Join Our Community. It's Free!
Here at Rate Hotel Beds we’re building a community of people who love travel but need a comfortable bed. So we ask our members to leave reviews on hotel mattresses they’ve slept in to help you find your best sleep on the road. So if you liked this article you may like to join us to get updates on new articles and other member’s benefits.